· Provides continuous oversight of all current pulmonary programs/solutions/protocols (COPD, future programs) with focus on driving/delivering best practice clinical, financial, and service outcomes.
· Energetically pursues opportunities for improving all pulmonary outcomes, develops focused action plans, and collaborates with branch leadership, and other internal/external stakeholders to drive improved pulmonary program deployment and results.
· Responsible for all pulmonary-specific staff orientation, pulmonary competencies, pulmonary-related continuing education program effectiveness and revises as appropriate to improve on boarding of new staff and pulmonary skill set of existing AHC clinicians.
· Identifies most appropriate method of delivery of educational material utilizing technology, live classes, forums, and/or virtual methods.
· Contributes to other shared clinical responsibilities such as CPR instruction, Horizons Documentation training, clinical orientation classes, and other training evolutions.
· Investigates and pursues opportunities to develop new programs/solutions/protocols to meet future needs of all pulmonary patient types, referral sources, and the community.
· Works closely across all service lines to collaborate in developing/providing optimum services to meet pulmonary patient needs (including other clinical disciplines, pharmacological, respiratory, equipment and specialty product, and technological needs) and to provide enhanced pulmonary patient care.
· Conduct deep dive annually on all pulmonary programs/solutions/protocols to identify current successes and opportunities, and organize targeted improvement activities.
· Develop systematic review of pulmonary best practices (internal and external) and to identify innovative strategies to develop future best practice AHC pulmonary care.
· Assists Director of Disease Management and Practice and HH branch leadership in establishment of ambitious pulmonary program goals, outcomes targets, and action plans.
· Collaborates with clinical staff in assessing, implementing, and evaluating care of pulmonary patients; provides direct care when appropriate.
· Responsible to research new pulmonary products, services, technology, and evidence-based practice standards.
· Serves as an advanced pulmonary clinical resource to staff across the organization, patients, referral sources, and community. Participates in pulmonary case conferencing at least monthly.
· Develop and optimize use of pulmonary disease solution Infonet site and dashboard to share key outcomes, communicate with clinical and other staff, host pulmonary resources, and drive best-practice sharing.
· Provides ongoing pulmonary education for staff pertaining to the development of advanced clinical skills.
· Develops and revises pulmonary-related clinical policies and procedures, and updates/revises/verifies pulmonary-related sections of HH procedure manual in conjunction with HH Leadership.
· Provides pulmonary-focused collaborative care visits at the branches at least monthly.
· Serves on agency committees, when indicated.
· Works in a collaborative effort with other team members.