Occupational Therapist PRN-Kingsport
|Salary Range:||Pay Per Visit|
|Employment Type:||PRN-Per Visit|
|Description:||The Occupational Therapist is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect patient care services to patients in their home environment or alternative setting. Care will be preventive, rehabilitative, and curative in nature. The Occupational Therapist will utilize all of the resources available in the agency and community to accomplish the plan of care goals. |
- Assesses/analyses patient care needs and establishes mutual goals with the patient and/or caregiver for a comprehensive plan of care including discharge planning.
- Identifies rehab appropriate diagnosis/patient care problems and interventions making additions/changes to ensure the patient's problems are comprehensively addressed.
- Coordinates the plan of care to include other disciplines as needed and act as a case manager (in absence of other skilled disciplines) to ensure integration of care is provided.
- Demonstrates teaching skills and continued competence in performing therapeutic interventions for all levels of complexity in patient care.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess patient's condition and determine appropriate interventions.
- Instructs patients/caregivers of the safety measures appropriate to care and environment and implements standard precautions for all patients.
|Qualifications:||The Occupational Therapist shall possess a degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited or approved school. At least one year of experience within the last five years and preferably one year of community/home health therapy or SNF. Must have a valid Occupational Therapy license from the state in which he/she would be practicing or willing to obtain within 30 days of employment date. |